Tuesday 29 August 2017

Mr Doodle comes to town

The simply amazing Mr Doodle came to Ashford recently for the Create festival. He grabbed his signature pens and hoped over to Park Mall in Ashford. He took over the empty shop right next door to Made in Ashford. Everyday when I walked through town or nipped into Made in Ashford, I would hope that I would get to see this genius at work. Sadly I seemed to keep missing this magical Doodle Man.



Then one day I was walking past and I saw that the doors were open! I could pop in and see his amazing walls filled with his creations! I walked in and looked to my right, and there he was, up a ladder drawing! It was wonderful to have a chat with the man himself about this project and the Create festival.

Who is Mr Doodle you may ask?! Well Mr Doodle is a very talented fella called Sam Cox who loves to draw with his amazing black felt tip pens. He creates such fun and wacky creatures and drawings. He loves to fill spaces with his work, and creates such great wall art. You can find out more about Mr Doodle on his website here.

Ashford has really changed over the last few years, and I am so happy to live in such a fun and creative place.