Thursday 11 August 2016

A few days in Bristol




So when my week off work started I got to spend a few days in Bristol with my gal pals Ella and Mel. We jumped in the car and Mel drove us all the way to Bristol so we could stay with Ella and her partner Johnny. I was excited to finally meet Johnny, and he was simply awesome. So perfect for Ella! Such a nice guy. So when we got there we went straight out and visit a graffiti and street art festival that was happening. We walked for what seemed like miles and miles. We did catch a few Pokemon while we were out. Oh yeah, I'm playing PokemonGo and it's like my childhood has come back to life. 



When we got to Upfest, it was all happening. There was so much amazing work being created on the streets. It was so busy and full of life! Everyone was enjoying the work. These photos are a few of my favourite pieces from the festival and the streets we walked around in Bristol. Also, we found a funky wall and had to get a typical photo in front of it.


We also did quite a bit of shopping! I got to visit Forbidden Planet and picked up the new Loki figure, which seems to be rather hard to find! I was super happy about this, and made up for the fact they didn't have any of the new Ghostbusters pop vinyls. I also found my shop ban.do diary that I brought in Austin last summer, and I managed to pick up the new one. I love the shops in Bristol because you never really know what you will find! Surprises all round! Plus, while you wander around Bristol there is so much wall art and endless photo opportunities!


Ella also took us to a really cool Artists pop up shop, kinda like the Made in Ashford one, but in Bristol! It was called Colab. It was really interesting and I came away very inspired and filled with loads of new ideas! It's so wonderful to see other local independent shops like this around the country. we need more of this!


We also eat pretty good while we were there. Lots of different coffee shops and tearooms filled the streets. So much good food, and great cake!



And last of course, I managed to stumble across 3 Banksy pieces of work while I was here. My favourite was the angel in the museum, but I also loved the wall piece that we randomly walked past and then had to run back to look at. Bristol was super! It was my 3rd visit, and I can't wait to go back again. 



2 comments:

Dillon said...

Bristol looks like so much fun! All those walls though...

Sian (sianblogs.co.uk) said...

I'm off to Bristol soon to visit some family, I've never been there before but I can't wait to wander through the streets of Bristol taking in the wicked artwork. I've made a note of Colab to tell my cousin about - she'll love it there! :-)