Monday 24 October 2016

Hello Manchester

So the world is a funny old place. I feel very lucky to be able to meet the most amazing people through going to conventions and the brilliant world of twitter. Due to both of these I am now friends with the coolest gal ever! This gal is Jenny. She is one of the coolest people I know. 

On Tuesday I packed my bag and jumped on a train all the way up to Manchester. I have always wanted to visit but never got the chance until recently! Jenny lives near Manchester, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to visit, while having Jenny as a tour guide. As soon as I arrived we went straight for lunch at Sugar Junction. We ordered yummy sandwiches and I had this amazing caramel Northern tea blend, which was so good! Sugar Junction was very beautiful, and I loved the decor inside. Brick walls and mix-match teacups will always been a plus. We chatted while we eat lunch, which was so tasty, and planned our next two days ahead.  




After lunch we went to Fred Aldous. After seeing this store on so many people's instagram accounts I had fallen in love with this store, and I have been dying to visit for years! I was very overwhelmed when I walked in! It was basically heaven on earth. I knew I would like this store purely because the tagline of the store is; Make Anything. This makes me smile, and believe me when you walk through the door you realise you really can make anything due to the amount of art supplies they sell.





Another amazing thing about Fred Aldous is that they have two working vintage photo booths! They have a black and white one and also a colour one. As you all know I am a huge fan of a photo booth, and every time I see one I have to jump in. Myself and Jenny jumped into the booth and took a few snaps. I normally choose black and white, but we went for the colour one. Mostly because this is the only public colour analogue photo booth in the whole of Western Europe. So I thought that was pretty cool and a must!



After we got our photos, looked at them and laughed, I then purchased a few bits and pieces. I think I could of brought quite a lot in the store, but I was restrained. Right outside Fred Aldous there is the amazing David Bowie mural by the graffiti artist Akse. I am a huge fan of this piece and I was so happy I actually got to see the piece in real life. We went to wander more around Manchester! More of which I shall talk about soon.










No comments: