Friday, 9 January 2015

Coffee shop hang out

I love the notion of going for a coffee. Whether it's meeting friends, having creative meetings, family catch ups, coffee dates or just needing that little bit of time to yourself. I love nothing more than grabbing a good book, my sketchbook, pens, and a good cup of coffee, and just relaxing. 
Yesterday I decided to visit quite a few different hidden gems in Canterbury.
I had different coffees, hot chocolate, and pretty teas. Being greeted by staff and finding the nicest spots to relax. Having time to relaxing in little caf├ęs gives you the chance to take everything in. Make choices, come up with ideas, relax, be yourself, and take some you time. Yesterday was lovely because I had my beardy partner with me. We shared lots of different teas, coffees and yummy snacks.
I have needed to relax for such a long time. That's why I am really looking forward to my week off at the end of January. It's going to be a lovely week, filled with friend dates and a three day break with David. So having a little relaxing day was just what I needed. We ended the day in a tiny tearoom. It was dark outside, and tiny fairy lights lit the room. We had pretty tea in cute cups.
This was the perfect end to a long day. A day which made me smile. Plus, I found lots of new favourite places to visit.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love coffee dates with special people too. :) This place looks so cute and you chose the most delicious selection of treats! xoxo

lina said...

ah! this just made me want to go to a cafe & work on my moleskine or write letters! love love love your photos in this post. also, "beardy partner" is the best. miss you. let's do a coffee date soon, yes? :)