Saturday 28 May 2016

The Fault in Our Stars bench


It's important to be in love and experience love. I never used to think this, well not until I met someone very special. I mean of course I loved my family and friends, but I had never truly felt love until David. That one special person that makes every dull day bright, makes your heart do little leaps for joy and gives you butterflies, and you smile whenever you see them. 

I read the Fault in our Stars a long time ago. Its a beautiful book by John Green. I decided to finally watch the film before my trip to Amsterdam. Immy said she would take us to the bench, the actual bench from the film. We walked through gorgeous streets in the bright sunshine for ages, until out the corner of my eye I could see it. I could see where Hazel and Augustus had sat. 



The bench had been removed a while ago so they could clean it up. However I was happy to see such cute messages written all over the bench. Lots of people have left their heart on that bench. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining down. Perfect way to spend an afternoon. Thinking about life and the people you have in it. Life is to be treasured, enjoyed and lived to the full.


2 comments:

Sian (sianblogs.co.uk) said...

What a gorgeous post. I love the way you've written this - it was incredibly calming to read something full of happiness :-) I have been interested in taking a trip Amsterdam for a little while now, and visiting The Fault In Our Stars bench would be on my list of things to do as well! The notes on the bench are incredibly sweet too!

Kim said...

Lovely post, I'm glad you got to see the bench and experience the area through the characters eyes. :-)

http://chimmyville.co.uk